COVID-19: Parish Response
St. Charles Borromeo Response to COVID-19
We find ourselves in unknown territory due to the global pandemic known as COVID-19. This virus is impacting everyone. Many are sick. Travel is restricted. Schools are being closed and events with large gatherings are canceled. Both civil and religious leaders are taking unprecedented steps because this is serious situation.
Everyone is asked to help contain the spread of this virus by observing personal hygiene and restrict their interaction with others, observing social distancing. We, as members of the Archdiocesan Church (Western Washington) and St. Charles, are also taking steps to contain the spread of the virus. Below are the specific steps we have or are taking.
- Suspending the celebration of all Masses
- The Archbishop's video re: suspending all scheduled Masses
- Archbishop Etienne's Blog
- Weekly Masses live streamed to our Facebook page; Mass recordings available on our YouTube channel ----- Note: Sunday Homilies can be found under Quick Links
- Suspending certain communal events: See What is Happening and NOT HAPPENING at St. Charles Parish for an updated list
- Closing the Parish and Church during the STAY AT HOME ORDER
- Our Parish Office is Closed
- Our Church is CLOSED
- Our emergency phone is 253-677-9827
- School Closed: Our school is closed by order of the Governor for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Click here for school information.
- Keeping in touch - Find us on the following platforms:
- Faith Formation Resources - click here for an updated list of helpful resources
- Ebook: Bishop Barron on Catholicism in the time of Coronavirus
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OUR PARISH
We are grateful to all who financially support our parish. During this time, we, like every household must continue to pay our bills. Being without our regular Sunday collection, which provides 90% of our income, will be challenge for us. We ask every family to consider ON-LINE GIVING. It’s easy, safe and secure. There are several ways to give during this time:
A) From a web browser: Go to https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/469 to set up your account.
B) From a mobile device: Send a text with the amount you would like to give to 253-285-1037
Note: If you have not set up an account, tap the OSV link provided, create your account and make your donation.
C) Send a check: You can mail a check to the parish or drop off your donation at the parish office.
St. Charles Borromeo Parish
7112 South 12th St.
Tacoma, WA 98465-1769