St. Charles Borromeo Parish is adopting Saint Mary Star of the Sea in Aransas Pass, Texas just down the coastal bend from Rockport.
They also have a massive infestation of mosquitoes hindering the cleanup and it is hot and muggy so, we have doubled down on Clorox (there is not a gallon left on the lower coast of Texas), Bullfrog combination mosquito repellent and sun screen, masks and gloves at their request.
We have a great selection of items for them and they are deeply appreciative of the help.
To deliver initial needs for the people of our adopted parish as they begin to recover.
What we need:
- Your prayers for the people of Rockport,
- Financial support. We have very favorable FEMA rates on transport vehicles out of Dallas, We will stage the operation out of Dallas for significant savings.
- The necessary items have already been ordered.
- For further monetary donations, please make checks payable to St. Charles -- Harvey.
- Two volunteers to help prepare and deliver meals to the homeless in Tacoma while that team is out of town with Marilyn Leonard and John Young. [This has been filled, thank you!]
- If you're interested in helping with Mercy 253, please contact Jessica Quan in the parish office at 564-5185, ext. 3013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.